Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES)
The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) gathers insight from higher degree research students about their learning and supervision experience. Developed and administered by The Higher Education Academy (HEA), the PRES has been deployed in the UK biennially since 2007. The PRES survey focuses on students' experience of:
- research community
- progress and assessment
- skills and professional development
Participating in the PRES allows ANU to benchmark higher degree research students' experience against comparable international institutions such as Russell Group universities.
The first of several reports on 2015 PRES results is publshed below for internal ANU use. You will be required to enter your HORUS/ISIS authentication to access the report. Supplementary reports, including benchmarking results and an inferential analysis, will be added over the coming months.
The UK PRES questionnaire was reviewed and revised for Australian and ANU contexts. The following internal resources relate to aspects of PRES development and deployment at ANU.
- ANU Stakeholder feedback (XLSX, 27KB)
- ANU cognitive testing instrument (PDF, 123KB)
- Executive Summary of the PRES cognitive testing (PDF, 96KB)
- Full report of the PRES cognitive testing results (PDF, 1,7MB)
- Draft ANU pilot PRES instrument (PDF, 195KB)
- PRES Participant Information Sheet (DOC, 203KB)
- PRES Participant Information Sheet (PDF, 71KB)
- HEA PRES instrument, 2013 (DOC, 348KB)
- HEA UK Postgraduate Research Experience Survey website
If you need any further information, please email the Evaluations team or telephone on extension 53541.