SELT survey questions (instruments)
Please note: a new SELT survey is being piloted in 2019. This page reflects that pilot. Further information can be found on the Beyond SELT webpage.
SELT comprises two main survey instruments: the End-of-course Survey, collecting feedback at the class level, and the End-of-course Teacher Survey, collecting feedback at the individual teaching level.
Students will receive one survey per class, which will contain a course survey and may contain teaching surveys if they have been requested by the course convener.
New survey questions
The new SELT questions are as follows:
Old survey questions
Prior to 2019, the SELT questions were as follows:
Student Experience of Learning Support (Course survey)
Student Experience of Teaching (Teaching survey)
- Lecture based (PNG, 133KB)
- Discussion based (PNG, 129KB)
- Field based (PNG, 133KB)
- Group based (PNG, 132KB)
- Lab based (PNG, 133KB)
- Language based (PNG, 132KB)
- Online based (PNG, 140KB)
- Overall Teaching Satisfaction based (PNG, 75KB)
- Practice based (PNG, 137KB)
- Problem based (PNG, 128KB)
- Seminar based (PNG, 136KB)
For further information, please contact the Evaluations team.