Information for students
Completing an online student evaluation
- Check the SELT Evaluations block in WATTLE for links to your outstanding surveys; or
- Check your university email account for an invitation to participate. The emails will come from ANU Student Evaluations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click on the link in the email to directly access a survey form.
- Carefully check which course/lecturer/tutor is being evaluated and enter your responses.
- Click SUBMIT to complete the process.
Student Experience of Learning Support
After the release of student grades, we will provide all lecturers and course convenors Student Experience of Learning Support evaluation results. Enrolled students and ANU Staff (including Department Heads, College Deans and University Executive) will be granted access to view the evaluation results via an ISIS/HORUS password protected webpage, however, open-ended comments will not be released with these results » summary reports for SELS
Frequently asked questions
- When are student evaluations conducted?
- Most student evaluations are conducted during the last three weeks of the teaching period, through to the end of exams. For standard semesters, this is from Week 11 to the end of exams.
- Some course convenors or lecturers may schedule student evaluations using a slightly different timeframe.
- If you are unsure, please ask your lecturer when the evaluations for that course will be run.
- Will my responses be anonymous?
- Yes. The evaluation software has been audited for anonymity. Access to a survey is granted via a single-use password, but the passwords cannot be linked to survey responses.
- Results of the evaluations, including comments, will not be provided to the teaching staff member until student grades are released.
- However, students may be identified through the feedback that they provide. The University's policy and procedure, specify that staff must act ethically with student feedback.
- If you have any concerns about the behaviour of staff, this can be discussed with the Dean of Students.
- Who will see the results?
- Academics, department heads, and college deans will be provided with the course evaluation results. Teaching evaluation results will be emailed to the teaching academic (lecturer, tutor, or demonstrator).
- Enrolled students will be granted access to view the survey results. However, open-ended comments will not be released with these results.
If you need any more information please email the evaluations team or telephone on extension 53541.