Understanding SELT results
The following tools have been developed in response to queries from ANU staff about SELT results. Additional tools will be added as the need arises.
- Guide for interpreting SELT reports (PDF, 210KB)
(designed for printing landscape orientation on A3)
- "How accurate are survey data?" response rate guide (PDF, 175KB)
Benchmarking SELT results
The summary reports of the Student Experience of Learning Support (SELS) are provided for the benefit of ANU staff and students.
- Benchmarking course evaluation results by College and subject area
- Benchmarking teaching evaluation results by College and teaching questionnaire
Promoting SELT surveys
Good response rates to SELT evaluations rely on engagement and promotion from academic staff. To facilitate this, we have developed a range of tools to assist teaching staff in promoting SELT to their students.
- Slide promoting IOS-Android mobile SELT (PowerPoint, 181KB)
- SELT promotional Slide for Lecturers/Seminars/Tutorials (PowerPoint, 172KB)
- SELT information video, featuring Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), ANU
- SELT bookmarks (JPEG, 40KB) can be ordered, free of charge, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, internal mailing address and number of required bookmarks.
Staff may also choose to add the SELT block to their course page(s) in WATTLE, by following these steps:
- Click "Turn editing on"
- Find "Add a block" dropdown menu
- Click "Evaluations (SELT)" on the dropdown list
- The SELT block now appears on the course site
Students will see links to the SELT surveys they have not completed.
If you have questions about adding the SELT block, please contact WATTLE Support
Feedback on these tools is welcomed by emailing email@example.com